Saturday, December 12, 2009

No pictures yet...Still recovering fron jet lag.
Plane was about 7 hours late ...no one knew where I was. We stopped in Munich for a 4 hour wait ....I did try to call using my phone card, but it wasnt accepted.....then I tried to do a credit card call and they were going to charge $17 for the call, I got my credit card out of that machine as fast as I could. Next I tried to use my broadband connection from best buy , needless to say it was not a best buy, didn't work in any American airports or overseas......not recommended by seasoned travelers. The way to go is to buy a day pass for about 8 bucks, available at most airports. I finally rented a dinosauer computer and sent e-mails to my sponsor, by that time they had left for Venice. I missed them altogether.

The flight from Munich was the most beautiful I have ever been on , we followed just south of theAlps.
The sun was shinning and the clouds feathered around the peaks, the rock cliffs must have been at least a thousand feet high, they were endless. The mountains rise straight up from the valley
floor , it is massive and overwhelming. As you are coming into Venice airport you see both the mountains and the sea. The city glistening in the sun and waiting for exploration from the new group of tourest beckons to all.

I feel blessed to add this new adventure to my life...and miss all of you I have left at home.

Off to Mass tonight , I have met the Priest on Base. He is a wonderful sincere young man , he is bright , kind and loves the Lord.

Back from Mass .... I am so glad Catholics believe in the True Presence.....the reason we go to Mass is to worship as Jesus commanded.....not the sermon. Although we had a thoughtful sermon tonight , this young Priest couldn't hold a candle to Fr.Dennis.....I am going to miss our church so much.

Remember what the kids say " FATHER DENNIS ROCKS' that is true even in Italy.

I have just turned the TV on for the first time ...got to go, the ARMY VS. NAVY football game is on.
Should study for my Italian drivers license...there is always tomorrow.

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment